Hanging Pencil Pleat Curtains
In our first ever YouTube video, CurtainsCurtainsCurtains are showing how to hang pencil pleat curtains. This is a tricky, fiddly and time-consuming job if you haven’t been shown how to do it properly so we’ve kept it simple and informative in a step-by-step fashion.
Top Tips to Remember
- Measure your pole to get the right width, each curtain needs to be half the width of the pole.
- If ironing (check the lable) always iron on the reverse, so you’re ironing the lining side rather than the front
- Tie off the cords into a slip knot at the opposite end before gathering the curtain
- Put the hooks in the top, middle or bottom pocket (NOT the cord) roughly every fourth pocket
- Support the weight of the curtain when hanging to maintain your pleats
- Attach the hooks to the rings on your pole
Pencil Pleat Curtains
Pencil pleat is the traditional heading used for curtains and valances.
Shopping for curtains?
If you’re looking to refresh a room in your home with a new pair of curtains we have a number of fantastic guides in our help hub on measuring up and what types of lining you can choose. We also have a huge selection of ready made and made to measure curtains in stock online with an alteration service on ready made curtains you’re unlikely to find anywhere else!
Stay tuned and subscribe to our YouTube channel as we will be adding more exciting and informative content in the near future.