Let The Light In
We're so happy to see the arrival of Spring, waving goodbye to cold, dark days and welcoming in the light, brightening warmth of the sun.
Here are our top ten window dressing tips for making the most of the spring sunshine:
1. Pack away your dark, winter curtains and transform your interior with bright white or light coloured curtains. You will be amazed at the difference a change in colour can make.
2. Clean your windows! There's a good reason that Spring cleaning involves a good old polishing of our windows: it ensures the maximum of light can enter our homes and costs nothing but a little elbow grease.
3. Replace heavy lace curtains with the sheerest of voile and soak up the extra sunshine.
4. Using a little less gather in your net curtains, perhaps going from 2.5 or 2 times gather to 2 or 1.5 will make a big difference as well as saving you money.
5. Use tiebacks to hold your curtains away from the window, ensuring the light can flood in.
6. If you're buying a roman blind think about fitting it on the outside of the window rather than in the recess. It's also worth bearing in mind that we can make blinds that fold up into a very small stack, please get in touch with us if you would like to discuss this option.
7. Eyelet headed curtains are designed to fold back in concertina-like folds, ensuring that they stack back neatly and take up little precious window space.
8. Try a jardiniere-stlye net curtain. The arched shape ensures extra light is let into your home whilst still retaining a sense of privacy.
9. Opt for a standard rather than blackout lining to make the most of the sunshine. The light will pass through your curtains rather than being blocked out.
10. Our usual advice is to fit poles or tracks extending around 15 cm either side of the window, but if you extend these poles as far as you can, the extra pole space will allow you to push the curtains well back from the windows, letting the light pour in.
We hope you've found our tips helpful, please add your own ideas in the comments.
- Our Top Ten New Year’s Resolutions For Your HomePosted : 01 January 2018
- Our Top Ten Winter WarmersPosted : 01 November 2017
- Let The Light InPosted : 21 March 2017
- Spring Arrives with the New Seasons CollectionPosted : 15 March 2017
- The Best Curtains for Cold WeatherPosted : 05 October 2016
- Fabulous FloralsPosted : 23 May 2016
- Our Top 10 Christmas CurtainsPosted : 09 November 2015
- Spring Fresh!Posted : 09 April 2014
- In with the New!Posted : 07 January 2014
- Get Ready for Christmas!Posted : 04 December 2013
- How to add WarmthPosted : 22 November 2013
- Winter WarmersPosted : 11 October 2013
- Lucky for Some?Posted : 13 September 2013