At CurtainsCurtainsCurtains we appreciate that your privacy is important and we will treat any personal information you provide us as confidential and this will only be used and recorded in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We promise to look after your personal information and we will not sell any information about you to any other party.
Personal information we collect from you
For you to place your order we will require your name, address, email address, credit/debit card details. A contact phone number will also be asked for so that we may contact you if any urgent problem arises with your order. This number may be passed to the courier to manage any delivery problems should they arise.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary and consistent with the purpose for which you have given it to us.
When you use our website, we may also collect, store and use the following kinds of information:
1. Information about your PC and your visits to our website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of pages viewed to administer the website and improve the website and our services to you.
2. Information relating to any transactions carried out by you on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods and/or services. We will use this information to fulfill any order and to communicate with you when necessary.
3. Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us and allowing us to send you email notifications and/or promotional information.
4. Information that you provide to us for the purpose of signing up for our newsletters, promotional materials and other services.
How we use your personal information
Personal data submitted to us will be used for the purposes specified in this section or as found elsewhere in the relevant parts of the website or otherwise notified to you. We may use your personal information to:
1. Ensure that the content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and browser;
2. Improve your browsing experience by developing and improving the design and layout of the website, through analysis of your usage;
3. Process any transactions you make using the website, including contacting you if we have any query regarding orders or responding to any of your queries;
4. Carry out credit checks, verifying your identity and other security procedures in relation to the transactions on our website;
5. Provide our goods and services to you and for associated purposes;
6. Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
7. Contact you for your feedback on our products and services, including requests for reviews, ratings and satisfaction surveys;
8. Contact you (including by email and SMS) about our products, services, offers which we think may be of interest to you and for market research purposes, subject always to your marketing preferences;
9. Contact you in relation to any prize draws, competitions or other promotions that you have entered or subscribed to;
10. Enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements and in the detection and prevention of theft, fraud or other crimes.
Security of Information and your rights.
Our site uses secure server software and hardware to protect your information whenever you place an order or access your information through our site. Curtains Curtains Curtains uses a WorldPay payment system for all online transactions (WorldPay is part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group). This chosen system uses a combination of both established and innovative techniques to ensure the security and integrity of all sensitive data.
As required by law under UK data Protection Legislation (Data Protection Act 1998) we follow tight security protocols to protect your information from unauthorised access. If you are unsure about any information we hold about you or your account details then you may contact us to review your file and update if required.
Keeping in touch with you
We want to keep you up to date with key information about new ranges, promotional offers and what's coming soon to CurtainsCurtainsCurtains via email, post, mobile phone or otherwise, e.g. social media. We may also use your details to send you information via email about other goods and services we sell or for research purposes. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for such purposes and you can change your mind at any time. If you have registered to receive information from us, you can remove your contact details from our list by updating your account, using the 'unsubscribe' links at the bottom of the promotional emails we send you or by responding to the text messages as indicated.
Please note that before we are able to provide you with, or to correct, any personal information we hold about you, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us to respond to your request. We will only use this information in order to verify your identity.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights please visit our contact us page and get in touch.
You have the right to:
1. Have access to the personal information we hold about you;
2. Have rectified any incomplete, inaccurate out-of-date personal information that we hold about you;
3. Have personal information we hold about you erased from our systems;
4. Have the processing of your personal information restricted; and
5. Receive the personal information we hold about you transmitted to another party.
Please note that these rights may only apply in certain circumstances. If you do contact us to exercise any of these rights we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us to respond to your request. We will only use this information in order to verify your identity.
If you believe that our processing of your personal information is contrary to applicable law please visit our contact us page and get in touch, however you are also entitled to lodge a complaint with the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office.
We may update our policies from time-time by posting a new version on our website, please check regularly to be aware of any updates.