Roman Blind Safety
You may have read or heard news stories lately about the strangulation hazards of blind cords. Whilst we don’t wish to frighten our customers, looped cords can pose a risk to small children. We take this risk seriously at Curtains Curtains Curtains, making sure that we do all we can to supply products that minimize risk:
1. Our Roman Blinds are fitted with ‘breakaway’ devices. These clever clips attach the cords to the blinds with a clip that will release under undue pressure.
2. We also supply a chain safety guide with every track. The guide should be fitted securely to an adjacent surface, out of the reach of children and at least 1.5m from the floor. It’s important use the safety guide to help to minimise risk.
We’d also like to stress the importance of the following advice:
• Do not place a child’s cot, bed, playpen or highchair, or any furniture that can be climbed upon, near a window.
• Cords and chains on curtains and blinds should be kept out of reach of children.
• Always keep the chain looped around the safety guide.
The following leaflet provides more information: