Washing Your Net Curtains
Whilst your brand new net curtains will arrive with you in perfect condition, after hanging for some time they may need a little TLC.
So how do you go about washing such a delicate fabric without causing damage?
The majority of our net curtains are 100% polyester and are labeled as washable at 30 degrees but please do check the washing instructions for the fabric that you are washing.
We would recommend hand washing as this causes the least agitation and therefore less opportunity for damage.
1. Fill a bowl with warm soapy water, not exceeding 30 degrees in temperature.
2. Add the net curtaining and leave for 10 to 15 minutes to soak. After this time you can agitate gently to remove any stubborn dirt but do not rub or scrub as this will damage the delicate fabric.
3. Rinse thoroughly, this is important if you want white nets as any old water that remains will hold the dirt and dust. Keep rinsing until the water runs clear.
4. Do not wring the nets! Squeeze very gently, being careful not to crease the curtains. Roll in a soft towel and squeeze very gently again to remove any excess water.
5. Never tumble dry your net curtains! Hang the net back up at the window to complete the drying process. It is a good idea to place a folded towel on the sill to catch any drips.
6. The nets should not need ironing but if they do, go carefully with the iron on a warm setting. Take care not to scorch the net curtains; a barrier cloth is advisable if you need more heat to shift stubborn creases.
Clean you windows before re-hanging the net!